This week‘s topic
Here comes Microsoft Ignite!
- Microsoft has already introduced an abundance of new features and improvements (Together mode, improved e-learning support, etc)
- Ignite is interesting because of its synergy between product groups—remember the old days of coordinated Windows/Office/Exchange launches?
- Lots of debate over the “right” or “best” way to do events in the time of Covid-19
What we expect from Ignite
- More on Project Cortex?
- Increased emphasis on migration?
- Will we get updates for features announced earlier in the year, such as Teams Templates?
- Exchange tenant to tenant moves?
- Removing the last Hybrid Server?
- Will there be more Teams sessions than Exchange?
- Will there be more and better devices/integrations?
- Will we see lots of attention on “citizen developers” and no/low-code solution development?
How did Microsoft do on last year’s promises and announcements?
- Is it still the Year of Yammer?
Microsoft Ignite is next week from September 22-24. You can sign-up for free and join online at the Ignite website.
Steve will be co-hosting an Ignite Table Talk – Wanted: A Career Jumpstart, live during the week. If you’re registered, sign-up here.