Practical 365 has multiple positions open for paid contributors to write for us.
- Are you an IT professional working with Microsoft server and cloud products?
- Are you interested in sharing your knowledge with the community?
- Do you want to grow your professional profile, and get paid to do it?
If so, we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- Working professionals in the Microsoft IT pro community. Whether you're working in consulting or support, as long as you're encountering real world
- Experience with Office 365, Exchange, Azure, PowerShell and related products and services.
- Access to your own demo or test environment for producing screenshots and sample output.
- Ability to pitch ideas and contribute quality pieces of written content each month, in the range of 300-1000 words. The number of contributions per month will be negotiated with each contributor.
- A PayPal account for receiving payment in USD.
What type of content we're looking for:
- Real world problem scenarios and their solutions (what happened, why it happened, how to fix it, how to avoid it in future).
- How to implement or deploy a new feature or service.
- How to automate a task or achieve an outcome more efficiently using PowerShell and other tools.
- How to integrate multiple products or services to achieve a useful, real world outcome.
- Specific recipes, for example a quality script you've written, a Flow, or an automation runbook.
What we're not looking for:
- Content writers without a working knowledge of the products mentioned above.
- Contributions that seek to generate links to other websites for SEO purposes.
- Click bait, link bait, or list articles.
- Rewrites of existing vendor documentation.
- General industry news and announcements.
How to apply:
Please send an email to paul [at] practical365.com with the following details:
- Your full name and country of residence.
- A brief description of your current work experience (what are you working on lately?).
- A link to your LinkedIn profile.
- A link to a sample of your writing (e.g. a blog post or article you've written). If you do not have a sample you can link to, please pitch an article idea (title and some bullet points) that you would be willing to write 300-700 words about. If the idea is good we will negotiate a trial.