Microsoft exam 70-345, Designing and Deploying Exchange Server 2016, is the certification exam for IT professionals who want to learn about, and prove their skills in, the design, deployment, and administration of Exchange Server 2016.
Exam 70-345 will be the only exam for Exchange Server 2016, which is a new approach by Microsoft from the previous versions of Exchange that each had two certification exams. Passing exam 70-345 earns you credit towards the MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) certification.
What You Need to Know for Exam 70-345
The exam covers six objective domains:
- Plan, deploy, manage and troubleshoot mailbox databases
- Plan, deploy, manage and troubleshoot client access services
- Plan, deploy, manage and troubleshoot transport services
- Plan, deploy and manage an Exchange infrastructure, recipients, and security
- Plan, deploy and manage compliance, archiving, eDiscovery, and auditing
- Implement and manage coexistence, hybrid scenarios, migration and federation
Exam 70-345 Study materials
The study materials you use to prepare for exam 70-345 depends on your preferred method of learning. For those of you who prefer to learn by reading books, the Exam Ref 70-345 book from Microsoft Press is the official training guide for Exchange 2016 certification (I am a co-author of this book).
For those of you who prefer to learn from video training, I have also created the Exam 70-345 series of courses with Pluralsight:
- Course 1 – Designing/deploying Exchange 2016 mailbox databases (available now)
- Course 2 – Designing/deploying Exchange 2016 client access (available now)
- Course 3 – Designing/deploying Exchange 2016 transport (available now)
- Course 4 – Designing/deploying Exchange 2016 compliance & archiving (available now)
- Course 5 – Designing/deploying Exchange 2016 recipients and security (available now)
- Course 6 – Designing/deploying Exchange 2016 hybrid and migrations (available now)
You can also find other training course on my Pluralsight author page.
To help you build up your own Exchange Server 2016 training lab I’m making my Exchange Server 2016 Quick Start Guide eBook free to download. This short eBook will walk you through the process of preparing Active Directory and installing your first Exchange 2016 server. The eBook also includes instructions to help you set up a virtual training environment in Hyper-V. You can download your free copy here.