Exchange admins, especially those working on a migration project with a large number of users, won’t want to miss this webinar. Hosted by Microsoft MVPs Vasil Michev & Paul Robichaux, you’ll receive expert guidance on how to strengthen the effectiveness of your migration scripts and workflow; ways to circumvent the long, tedious processes; and fresh scenarios you can use the cmdlets in with Exchange Online as well as a live demonstration of the new features.
Have you been on an emotional rollercoaster since the new Exchange Cmdlets were first announced at Microsoft Ignite in 2019? Excited at first, then frustrated, let down and disappointed with the complexities associated with the new capabilities? Well, you weren’t alone. Common sources of frustration included:
- Admins in large environments undergoing the tedious task of having to collect data from many mailbox properties, possibly modifying them or producing new settings.
- Running longer cmdlets that would eventually terminate, usually when running against the Exchange Online service. This involved running the cmdlet and getting 500,000 objects back; but then undergoing a termination after some time, severely slowing down the process.
- The above situation proved especially unfortunate if you were in the midst of setting up a PowerShell session which was broken if a server happened to die. Then if you had the wrong landing sessions, it would use OWA for connecting the authentication but the OWA token only valid for one hour.
Fortunately, Microsoft has addressed these issues with the latest module, breathing new life into the cmdlets. Key features of the new cmdlets include:
- Improved, stateless architecture.
- Development sets with cmdlet features in the properties and property.
- The ability to process a high number of mailboxes and objects, modify them as needed and the ability to query their properties – especially helpful for admins undertaking an Office 365 migration project.
In our upcoming webinar, we hope to bring the excitement back as we take a hands-on look at the new and improved cmdlets. Here’s what you can expect to get out of the webinar:
- A rundown of the competencies with the new REST-based cmdlets.
- Fresh scenarios you can use the cmdlets in with Exchange Online.
- Live demonstration drawing comparisons with old cmdlets and alternative options.
- A thorough evaluation of the new cmdlets, practiced advice on their application, and a deep dive of areas for improvement.
We’ve already received an overwhelming response, so you don’t want to miss this highly anticipated webinar! Please join us, and if you can’t make it – sign up anyway and we’ll send you an on-demand recording.
Working with the new Exchange Cmdlets v2.0
Co-hosted by Vasil Michev & Paul Robichaux
Thursday, 21 May | 11:00 ET | 16:00 BST
Vasil Michev is an Office Servers and Services MVP, specializing in Office 365. He’s currently employed as a Cloud Technical Consultant, and in his free time he can be found helping others in the Office 365 community.