Microsoft Teams Premium rolls out in preview
So will you be adding some licences to test it out? We discuss on the show the core new features available, including:
- Live Translation for Captions
- Autogenerated Chapters for Meeting Recordings
- Suggested actions
- Catch up on missed meetings where you name was mentioned
- Watermark meeting content, end to end meeting encryption, sensitivity labels for meetings and prevention of copy-paste
- Webinar features including registration waitlist, event workflows, virtual green room and more meeting management for bringing content and presenters on-screen
- Custom branded virtual appointments, including dashboard and queues with analytics for no-shows
Some of these – such as watermark protection for meeting content have a few caveats though, so listen to the show to understand what to watch for.
Exchange Online Remote PowerShell is nearly dead at long last
The big date for depreciation is June 1st 2023, so nothing to panic about over Christmas – but there could be scripts from a decade ago to update. As well as deprecation, there will as you might expect, be no feature updates to connections via New-PSSession. All should be OK though – the Exchange Online PS module v3 has feature parity.
Update your scripts
New, better customization for Azure AD/Microsoft 365 sign-in
Fully brand the sign-in page, even including CSS – a great new feature which might feel a few years too late, but with the take-up of Azure AD as a premium SSO / IDP to replace the likes of OKTA, it’s a good addition. Features include:
- Update layout and specify element placement
- Set up custom self-service password reset links
- Customize footer links and URLs
- Change Favicon
- Customize header
- Covers directory sign-in, B2B, B2E and first-party apps on Azure AD and in public preview
New Communities App coming to Microsoft Teams
It is not the communities you are looking for. It’s a new app for the “free version of Microsoft Teams” – use it for personal version and small business – i.e. Microsoft Teams (free) and Teams Essential, both using Microsoft account sign-in. It could be the right addition to Teams, given how widely used it is and the negative feedback surrounding Facebook and Twitter right now.
From the Roadmap
Video Filters coming to Teams: If avatars weren’t enough? Expect this Feb 2023
Purview Data Loss Prevention – Policy Tips revamp on Outlook: About time – but will require user communications if you rely on these. Coming to preview April 2023, for a planned GA date of July 2023.
Teams will automatically lower your raised hand after detecting you speaking: Long overdue. Expect it to arrive March 2023
SharePoint gets the ability for people to create an external file request: Create a folder, with permissions for upload only – no read or download of other files. In preview this month, and arriving to GA in January 2023.
That’s all from this week’s show – so join myself, Steve Goodman and Paul Robichaux for more Practical news and discussions in 2023! Have a great holiday season.