Microsoft Teams is a highly collaborative unified communications platform in the Microsoft 365 suite. Teams enable users to host Chats, Meetings, and share files in Teams and Channels. Even though the platform was only launched in 2017, it’s now widely deployed and has 145 million+ users. Due to infancy of the prolific workplace platform, there’s a consistent flow of news and updates on improving its management and ease of use.
Here are Practical 365’s top articles on Microsoft Teams:
- Talking Teams with Rish Tandon: Tony Redmond talks to Rish Tandon, Microsoft Corporate VP for Teams Development, to discuss issues like how Teams scaled up to deal with 145 million daily active users, why Electron is used for Teams clients, and how Teams works with Azure AD and the rest of the Microsoft 365 ecosystem.
- Teams Gets Webinar Capabilities: How to organize webinars using Teams meetings.
- Teams Pro Service Plan: What the Teams Pro service plan means and how Microsoft plans to use it to differentiate functionality available to in different Office 365 licenses.
- Teams Processing Caused Problems for Blocked Azure AD Accounts: How the way Teams hides disabled accounts from its membership rosters causes problems if you block Azure AD accounts for short periods.
- Teams Shared Channels Coming Soon: Microsoft announced Teams Connect at Ignite 2021. Here’s what shared channels mean and how they are different from regular and private channels.
- End to end encryption in Teams: What the advent of E2E encryption in Teams means to Office 365 tenants and how this will happen.
- Live Transcription and Author Attribution in Teams Meetings: How Teams creates live transcripts of participant contributions to meetings, including attribution of contributions to individual participants.
- The Truth About Teams Tenant to Tenant Migrations: A summary of a recent webcast covering the thorny topic of how to approach a tenant-to-tenant migration for Teams.
- How Advanced eDiscovery Displays Teams Conversations: A deep-dive into how Microsoft 365 Advanced eDiscovery reassembles all the items in a Teams chat or channel conversation for an investigator to review.
- Microsoft Makes Teams Multi-Geo: Teams is joining the other base Office 365 services in supporting multi-geo capabilities to allow organizations to keep their Teams data in-country.
Last Updated: 27 May 2021