Microsoft has released Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2.
From the Microsoft Exchange Team blog:
Earlier today the Exchange CXP team released Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 to the Download Center.
This update contains a number of customer-reported and internally found issues since the release of SP2 RU1. See KB2661854: Description of Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 for more details.
Note: Some of the following KB articles may not be available at the time of publishing this post.
We would like to specifically call out the following fixes which are included in this release:
- KB2696913 You cannot log on to Outlook Web App when a proxy is set up in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB2688667 High CPU in W3WP when processing recurrence items who fall on DST cutover
- KB2592398 PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID is the same on messages resent by Outlook
- KB2630808 EwsAllowMacOutlook Setting Not Honored
- KB2661277 Android/Iphones stuck with 451 during Cross forest proxy in datacenter
- KB2678414 Contact name doesn’t display company if name fields are left blank
Note that this fix will not cause the CAS to CAS OWA proxying incompatibility with Exchange 2007 as discussed here. No additional updates are required on Exchange 2007 for proxying to work once Exchange 2010 SP2 RU2 is installed.
You can download Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 here.
Deploying Exchange Server 2010 SP2 Update Rollup 2
The standard order of deployment for Exchange Server updates applies.
- Client Access servers, starting with the internet-facing ones. See this article for how to patch a CAS array.
- Hub Transport and Edge Transport servers
- Mailbox servers. See this article for how to patch a Database Availability Group.
- Unified Messaging servers
You can also use Exchange MVP Andy Grogan’s RUPS tool to assist with the deployment.
I installed the Exchange Server 2010 SP2 Update Rollup 2 since then we have the following Problem:
All Archives of our Groupmailboxes changed theyr names to the user wich has full Access to the Groupmailbox!!
My Outlook 2010 had of course my own Mailbox called: “My Mailadress”
then i have an Archiv of my Mailbox called: Archiv “My Mailadress”
an Groupmailbox called: Helpdesk
and an Groupmailbox Archiv called: Archiv Helpdesk
AFTER THE Exchange Server 2010 SP2 Update Rollup 2
the Groupmailbox Archiv had exactly the same Name as
my Personal Archiv! Means: Archiv “My Mailadress” (instead of Archiv Helpdesk)
So i am in trouble because the user can t distinguish wich Archiv is they re own and wich is the Groupmailbox Archiv!
Now i try to uninstall the Updaterollup and hope everything is good after uninstalling…
This just as notice for maybe other admins wich will install this Rollup.
You incorrectly specified it as Update Rollup 1 instead of 2!
Whoops. Fixed thanks!
Pingback: Exchange Server Update Rollups and Forefront Protection for Exchange