Microsoft has released Update Rollup 5 for Exchange 2010 SP1 to the download center.
This update contains a number of customer-reported and internally found issues since the release of SP1. See ‘KB 2582113: Description of Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1’ for more details.
We want to let you know this rollup contains the Exchange 2010 SP1 version of the change described in this KB article:
- 2543879 PDF attachment from a Mac Mail client is not displayed when you use Outlook 2010 to open the email message in an Exchange Server 2007 SP3 environment
We would also like to specifically call out the following fixes which are included in this release:
- 2556352 MoveItem returning empty ChangeKey
- 2555850 Unable to delete a folder whose name has a particular character code
- 2490134 OWA’s zip-download does not work for some messages due to invalid chars in the subject
Download the update here.
Deploying Exchange Server 2010 Update Rollup 4
The standard order of deployment for Exchange Server updates applies.
- Client Access servers, starting with the internet-facing ones. See this article for how to patch a CAS array.
- Hub Transport and Edge Transport servers
- Mailbox servers. See this article for how to patch a Database Availability Group.
- Unified Messaging servers
This is an important update for the Microsoft Exchange Server Team because the last several update rollups released surfaced some bugs that impacted customers. Although I’m confident in Microsoft living up to their promise to do better this time around, it would still be wise (as it has always been) to test these updates in non-production, or at least low-importance, environments first.