Microsoft has released the latest update to the Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator on the MS Exchange Team blog.
This calculator is an essential part of the Exchange admin’s toolkit and I highly recommend staying up to date with new releases.
The update includes these improvements and new features:
- Added the ability to define a custom number of databases that you would like to implement in the solution.
- Added support for 2-node site resilient Database Availability Groups.
- Added 1 and 6 processor cores as selectable options.
- Improved breakdown of the activation scenarios in a site resilient solution.
- Improved breakout of the role requirements section.
- The Storage Design tab now indicates that when you select a custom RAID configuration that the calculator ignores RAID-5 and RAID-6 for 5.xK and 7.2K spindles due to performance concerns.
- Updated processor utilization results to show the processor utilization even if it is above the recommended threshold.
- Made conditional formatting improvements throughout the calculator to warn you when you have a configuration that will not work.
- Improved various cell comments.